Saturday, June 11, 2022

Chapter 24: Embrace tiger, return to mountain

In March 2022, I was moved by something, God and the Muse, I hoped, to start writing a new book as it came to me. After a good bit of pondering and listening to friends and what I hoped was God and the Muse, I named it, THE YING AND THE YANG OF THE LAW, by a southern lawyer who became a mystic

That  title seemed to fit the early chapters, which I saved in a document file and published at their own Google blogspot, a free read: yinandyangoflaw.blogspot.com.

In old Taoism, pronounced Dowism, yin and yang are the female and the male, and the light and the dark, in a neverending dance.

Yet as the chapters kept coming, it seemed the book was moving beyond any boundaries the original title had suggested, as The Laws of God became more prominent.

Today, a tentative new title came to me, which seems more in keeping with where the book started and then wandered, evolved, or devolved, depending on points of view.

DIARY OF A REDNECK MYSTIC LAWYER, by an Alabama lawyer God grabbed once upon a time

That provisional title is in keeping with the new and evolving THE REDNECK MYSTIC LAWYER podcast, which covers a lot of terrain on and off this world. The podcast has no ads and asks for no money. I finance its production.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpfKctWylzKlGXtz1CssY7w

That's as far as my wondering went today, and the evolving book remains a free read at yinganghangoflaw.blogspot.com

If the title changes to DIARY OF A REDNECK MYSTIC LAWYER, the above could serve as a Preface or Introduction.

Meanwhile, perhaps the free read and free podcast are rooted in Jesus said it is more blessed to give than to receive? 

Or, in something that fell out of me in the spring of 1994, in the New Age citadel of Boulder, Colorado?

"God's gifts are not for sale, but are given freely to angels, saints, devils, sinners and fools alike, for all are God's children?"

Perhaps also in play is this poem that fell out of me about a year later in Boulder?

Earth-
The sacred prism
through which souls are refracted
into their elemental parts,
purified in Holy Fire,
then one-forged
and sent on their way
to not even God knows where,
simply because they are all
unique emanations of God,
evolving...

Meanwhile, in old Taoism, pronounced Dowism, is a saying, "Embrace tiger, return to mountain." 

Embrace tiger, return to mountain, is a movement in Tai Chi, which today mostly is a somewhat esoteric moving mediation and physical exercise, but in old Taoism was a very serious and effective soul, mind, emotion and body martial art in old China.

The tiger is fierce, dangerous, and must be embraced to reach the mountain, which could be viewed as God?

TAO is the Great Mother.

In March 1987, I participated in an advanced craniosacral therapy training hosted at The Upledger Clinic in West Palm Beach, Florida. The teacher was John Upldeger, D.O., who had enhanced this old osteopathic form of soul-mind-emotions-body therapy and was teaching it to lay people. 

I got into the training, because I was a massage therapist. I was the first, and perhaps the only lawyer, who took the training.

I was the practice client during one session at the advanced training.

As I lay face up on a massage table, a really old Chinese man with a white whispy goatee came into my inner vision. I announced this to John and the other students. 

John asked me if the old Chinese man had a name? 

I said, "Chang". 

John asked Chang if he had anything to tell me? 

Chang said to me, of me, which I repeated, "He has been given the teachings and he knows what to do." 

John asked Chang if here was anything he and his other students could do for me? 

Chang said to me, which I repeated, "You can love him, and his life will be a very lonely one."

I came unglued and burst into soul, heart and body-wrenching tears, shrieking, "Nooooooo!!!!", while John and four students held me down on the massage table, from which I desperately was trying to ESCAPE!!!!

Later, I went to John privately and asked if he thought it was real? He said, yes, but I didn't have to go with it. I knew then that John had taken me as far as he could, because he had told his students over and over again to honor the inner teacher.

After THE HIGH LEGAL ROAD: A New Approach to Legal Problems was published in the fall of 1990, I attended a workshop at the Upledger Institute, to present the book.

I told the audience, in which John sat, that the book suggested  doing craniosacral work on legal problems, by going for the inside meaning and message, instead using the traditional legal approach. 

John asked me if I wanted The Upledger Institute to carry the book in its bookstore? I said, yes.

When I left the meeting room, two of John's senior students, who worked at the Institute, came to me and asked if I would talk with them privately? I said, sure.

They told me about a lawsuit against John and the Institute. I thought, Oh, shit

I told them they knew it was on John to apply craniosacral work to the lawsuit, to get to the bottom of the soul issues, before turning lawyers loose on it. 

THE HIGH LEGAL ROAD didn't get carried in the Institute's bookstore.

My life indeed became a very lonely one, in the sense that I felt totally alone in the experiences I was having with God, angels, etc.

Yet from time to time over the years, someone  came along, who seemed in much the same God and angel soup, more or less. Yet inevitably, that ended and I was all alone again.

A time finally came, when I had to choose between taking an outward or an inward approach to a legal event, and I went outward and ended up in the belly of the tiger being turned very which a way but loose. 

Yet, I learned some things that laying low would not have have brought forward, and I pretty much got a second law school education.

That came in handy during later legal tangles in my father's estate, which I came close to litigating, but did not, and it worked out to my satisfaction. 

Not long after that all was over, I reactivated my Alabama law license, wondering what I would do with it? I'm still wondering.

My friend Bob, who does the tech work for The Redneck Mystic Lawyer Podcast, is about half my age and a lot newer to the God and angel soup. Perhaps after I'm gone from this life, he will end up with a younger sidekick to keep him company in that soup, which almost nobody seems to want anything to do with.

But then, there is soup I cannot begin to imagine.

Consider the text of an email today from a fellow in Ukraine, who watched the podcast and and emailed Bob. I told Bob to give the man in Ukraine my email address, and the man started writing to me.

I keep watching series you make with Bob.
Remember everyone different and they no think like you think.
You look in bad pains and causes pains to watch my eyes. 
Bob care much for you and he wire us enough money to find a UN Red Cross truck. We are going to try to find permanent place. Bob spend much money to help us. Fourteen of us are ethnic Jew. We find home in Israel. 
Bob I do not know why he do this, other than he live the way you talks and have made life for you. 
Our other six studentmates have Polish fugee papers. So they stay in Poland. 
Bob say that he wish to make money to work for good. 
It save our lives because we no have way to get paperwork process through barrister lawyerman. 
We not have much to pack but we packing. 
Thank you for videos to give me peace and Bob say money come from you as source. Thank you for life.

My reply:

Bob did not tell me he sent you money for you and your tribe. I don’t know why I didn’t think to ask if you needed money to get out of there, but I’m glad Bob did. Please let me know if you need more money to get to Israel. I have never been in a shooting war zone and can’t begin to imagine what that’s like for you and your tribe. Putin is a monster, deserves monster justice in this lifetime, and next life he is wart on hyena’s ass. 

sloanbashinsky@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A sucker is born every minute: Trump's border wall

When presidential candidate Donald Trump, in 2015, raised defending America's southern border by building a border wall, I said, amen; d...